ELECTRO - TECH, INC.
Note: Available with machined aluminum column switch, under dash toggle switch, or no included switch for use with you own style momentary switches.
* Operates on all cars - 6 or 12 volts, Positive or Negative Ground.
* Self Cancel feature uses time and lack of brake signal to know when to cancel.
* Timeout user adjustable for 15, 30, 45 or 60 seconds. Factory set for 15 seconds. Turn signal will not time out with the brakes applied.
* Audible beep on turn - user selectible for On/Off.
* Easy installation with included instructions, wiring diagrams and terminal labels on control.
* Fail safes with brake and park lights still functional even with blown turn signal control fuse or no power to the control box.
* Can operate with combined brake and turn lights or separate brake and turn lamps in rear of car.
* Can share front Park or Fog lights for front turn signals.
* Flash rate independent of lamp load. Will flash LED lamps or incandesent lamps at the same rate.
* 4-way Hazard function.
* Choice of machined aluminum column switch in brushed natural, black, under dash toggle or user supplied switches.
* Controller can use any style momentary switches to access all control functions.
* 10 pin European style screw terminal connector pre-wired for power, ground and signal switch plug.
* Internal 15 amp turn function fuse and separate Park and Brake circuit 10 amp fuses.
* Quick disconnect of control box for easy service. Simply unplug the 10 pin connector.
In the process of rewiring many classic cars, our customers have asked us to install turn signals to improve driving safety. Over the years, we have installed all of the available switches. All the other systems have drawbacks. This prompted us to develop our own system to meet the needs of our classic car customers.
Built for the car enthusiast by car enthusiasts!
Our design goals were to provide an small attractive switch that mounts easily to the column and can be just as easily removed for shows and competition. The switch housing measures 2 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 7/8". The switch housing is held on by a single screw stainless clamp with black tubing to cover the band and a 1/2" x 4" rubber strip to protect the finish on your column. Only a small 22 gauge 3 wire cable connects the column switch to the controller. The older style turn switches require a minimum of 6 heavy hard to conceal wires to the switch. This cable has a plug in-line at the base of the column to disconnect it from the controller. Unplugging the switch does not disable your brake or park lights and no jumpers are required. The switch is machined from T6061 aluminum in brushed natural finish, painted satin black, or bead blasted so you can paint to match the interior of your car. The shaft and knob are polished T6061 aluminum. The control unit is very small measuring 2.5" x 4.5" x 1.1" with 2 indicators, one for each turn direction.
User Custom Painted Housing Black Painted Housing
Installation of the system is very easy. The controller comes pre-wired for the column switch, fused power and ground cables. You need to run one wire to each corner of the car, one to the brake switch and one to the park light terminal on the headlight switch. The park light wire allows the single filament front park lights to double as turn signals. You do not need to replace the sockets and add additional wire. When you turn on the park lights, the controller receives the signal from the headlight switch and turns the park lights on. The controller can be set to run the park lights at half brightness when the park lights are on and switch to full brightness during a turn. You may want to replace the standard 3 candle power bulbs used for front park lights with higher 6 candle power bulbs. Of course, it will work with dual filament park lights as well.
Operation of the signal is identical with a modern car except the switch is momentary - it always returns to the center (neutral) position when you let go. Once a turn is started, it will continue until you cancel it by momentarily moving the lever in the opposite direction or it times out - user adjustable from 15 seconds to about 2 minutes. A unique feature of our system is the timeout is suspended whenever the brakes are on. This compensates for the time you wait for traffic lights and slow moving traffic. We have found that a 15 second delay sufficent for most driving situations. If you signal a turn with the park lights on, the appropriate park light will blink while the opposite park light stays on. The same holds true for the brake lights. Emergency 4 way flash mode is available by holding the turn signal lever in the left turn mode for 4 seconds. All four corners will flash until manually canceled - they will not time out.
The contoller works with both positive and negative ground cars, either 6 or 12 volts. The lamp driver relays can handle 6 amps for each corner of the car. The kit comes complete with all mounting hardware, cable ties, and owners manual with installation instructions.
Warranty is 3 year parts and labor from date of purchase.
Turn Signal w/Choice of Column Switch - $249.95
Turn Signal w/Toggle Switch - $139.95
Turn Signal Control w/out switch - $119.95
(Use your own momentary switch(s) type)
Cotton Covered Wiring Kit - $69.95
Full refund within 30 days if not satisfied for any reason.
See Details page for more information.
See Installation page for typical installation.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.